Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar

British Alien Big Cats

Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    They are kept at Combe Martin Wildlife Park. The blokes name is Shaun Ellis. He hasn't done too badly out of his antics though, I believe he has had quite a few tv appearances and a program made about the subject.
    Talk of the devil, he is currently howling with the wolves on Discovery Channel now spooky

Thanks for the videos Ashley, I saw that programme ages ago but I couldn't remember what it was called. I'll always remember the film of that cat in the caravan. I wonder who those blokes with the guns were though.
    Do you want to be happy or do you want to be normal?

The Lynx came out of some ones freezer apparently, when the DWA licence came into play a few was certainly released, as for living and breeding in the uk, i dont think so..
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/

And yet there are these persistant reports from what most of us on Natural Bushcraft would term "rational" people.
    A retired Train Driver that I know is convinced that he has seen a large cat in Norfolk. He is a keen Deer Stalker so is used to making judgements as to an animals size. Again, the people that I worked with in Hampshire are certain that they have seen a "large black cat" with two smaller ones. They are both University graduates and not excitable people
    So it's all a bit wierd as far as I am concerned
    Only my dog can judge me

http://www.devilark.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by J_P View Post
    The Lynx came out of some ones freezer apparently,
    It's very dangerous to store deodorant in a freezer.

Mad conspiracy theory

Maybe Lynx deodorant has been releasing big cats for years so that the public get worried. And because the public get worried they sweat more. Then they see latest Lynx advert and buy some deodorant. Then Lynx corp (or whatever they are called) use their money to buy more big cats and the horrible circle starts again. They called their deodorant "Lynx" out of irony, like all evil villians do. And so ends this implausible tale.

Don't suppose anyones heard any reports of big cat activity in the Sleaford area have they? My kids sometimes kip on the trampoline in nice weather, and as much as my little 'un likes tree climbing, I don't fancy the idea of a leopard dragging her up one!
    If you stretch out both arms to represent all time on earth, then with one stroke of a nail file you could eradicate all human history, and 98 per cent of all human history was spent in the stone age.

Where ever there is sufficient food to keep a big cat will be rangers, wardens, farmers or keepers. Ive seen that program and ive also seen one like it on the lochness monster and big foot, and yep according to nutters they are real too lol
    "Tracking is the road - bushcraft is the vehicle - Nature and wildlife is the destination."
    http://www.woodlife.co.uk/woodlife-trails/