Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Basher or Hammock?

Yeah I'm fine now.
    I play a bit of over 35s football to try and keep fit. Was playing in nets and got the ball at full pelt in the face, went straight over backwards and cracked my skull on the hard earth. Have never felt like my brain was spinning in my skull before, wasn't nice. Felt sick and dizzy all evening, and still have a mild headache now and I am having a bit of trouble concentrating ( maybe I always have and only noticing it now )

Cheers for all your concern.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Good to see you will be ok
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by resnikov View Post
    Yeah I'm fine now.
    I play a bit of over 35s football to try and keep fit. Was playing in nets and got the ball at full pelt in the face, went straight over backwards and cracked my skull on the hard earth. Have never felt like my brain was spinning in my skull before, wasn't nice. Felt sick and dizzy all evening, and still have a mild headache now and I am having a bit of trouble concentrating ( maybe I always have and only noticing it now )

Cheers for all your concern.
    I hope you had a pretty nurse to make you all batter buddy.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Gotta love the hammock. Got one myself, not a problem to get in and out off with a sleeping bag on. One of the best nights sleep I've had. Lightweight and just ties to my bag in the little holder I got for it so doesn't take any extra room up.
    One Man, His Dog and The Wilderness

what are those army hammocks like ,they seem very cheap
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

as an ex squady its got to be a basha n bivi all the way but in saying that, a hammock is great aswel, take both, they are both handy and relativly quick to set up
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Unleashed View Post
    as an ex squady its got to be a basha n bivi all the way but in saying that, a hammock is great aswel, take both, they are both handy and relativly quick to set up
    Squaddies for you I have changed to a Hammock over the years as it is more comfy and I don't have to becareful anymore about being tactical LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Squaddies for you I have changed to a Hammock over the years as it is more comfy and I don't have to becareful anymore about being tactical LOL
    Exactly, had enough damp nights, messing with my joins, I can be as comfy as I like now haha

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    Exactly, had enough damp nights, messing with my joins, I can be as comfy as I like now haha
    Mind you I wouldnt mind making a hide one day with some moss and fern in it if memory serves me right that was really comfy Failing that a portable water bed if they ever develop one LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Mind you I wouldnt mind making a hide one day with some moss and fern in it if memory serves me right that was really comfy Failing that a portable water bed if they ever develop one LOL
    Heather, fern and bracken all make great beds, only time I tried moss was in a wet ditch on EnE with only the noddy suit and kevlar, so can't remember the comfort rating of that lol