Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My kit list.

When I was training for the forces I used to tab 15 miles with anything from 15kg to 30 kg on my back, that was a killer and my pack seems really light now, I havent weighed it yet as I am still waiting on a few pieces of kit I have ordered to arrive. I know it will be quite heav though, probably hovering around the 20kg mark max, I am sure I will manage for now, I would love to have a 6kg pack though, that would be awesome for those long treks

GwersyllaCnau what kind of gear do you have haha, what camera is it you have? The images on your site look pretty awesome, I think my Fuji S6500 has had its days now, black spot appears on the photos (not in videos though) so I think I will save for a Canon 550D, unless you know of a better camera for a similar price
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Unleashed View Post
    GwersyllaCnau what kind of gear do you have haha, what camera is it you have? The images on your site look pretty awesome, I think my Fuji S6500 has had its days now, black spot appears on the photos (not in videos though) so I think I will save for a Canon 550D, unless you know of a better camera for a similar price
    Webtex 85litre bergen (wouldn't recomment it)
    Vango Tornado 200
    Swedish army mess kit
    Vango sleeping bag can't remember off hand which one
    Berghaus Cornice jacket
    cheap leggings and gaiters.
    Don't carry much else when on my own in terms of kit.

Camera kit:
    Nikon D300
    MB10 Battery pack
    AF-S 17-55mm 2.8G ED Lens
    SB 800 flash (I always carry 2)
    VERY powerful torch
    Coloured gels
    Tripod
    cable release
    infrared filter
    various ND filters.

The pics of my wild camp were not taken with this camera. They were taken with an Olympus Pen which I personally think is a great point and shoot camera for taking snaps, as long as you don't need flash.

I've always had Nikon kit, I used a couple of Canons whilst in Uni but wasn't keen on the menu sytem. And to be honest I don't really know what's available at the moment. I only look at kit when I need it and I've not looked at camera specs since buying the D300 which at the time was new on the market.

I think my Fuji S6500 has had its days now, black spot appears on the photos (not in videos though)
    Maybe this could be dust on the sensor? Have you tried better the sensor cleaned? Not sure how the camera works with video so it may not be dust. I would have thought it would appear on pics AND vid.

Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    Maybe this could be dust on the sensor? Have you tried better the sensor cleaned? Not sure how the camera works with video so it may not be dust. I would have thought it would appear on pics AND vid.
    Thats what I was thinking, if it was dust, it would always show up. And being a bridge camera with no removable lens, cleaning the sensor is a major job (pretty sure they don't have the ultrasonic vibration thinky on those)
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by GwersyllaCnau View Post
    I like the sounds of your kit mate, I would love to have a set up like that

As for my fuji, its only a bridge camera so I would have to strip the camera down to get to the sensor, and I dont fancy doing that just incase I totally mess it up lol. I was told by a friend that sensor damage from the sun can sometimes be fixed by leaving the camera in a dark place for a few days then it should clear the spot and work again, but so far no good. I think I will have to let a pro look at it and see if they can tell me what it is and if its fixable. But if it is sensor damage it would probably be cheaper for me to get a new camera lol.

Ohh well, the joys of being me lol
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, if it was dust, it would always show up. And being a bridge camera with no removable lens, cleaning the sensor is a major job (pretty sure they don't have the ultrasonic vibration thinky on those)
    I thought with it being a bridge camera dust wouldnt beable to get behind the lens or to the sensor? Or is that just me being an idiot?

I thought with it being a bridge camera dust wouldnt beable to get behind the lens or to the sensor? Or is that just me being an idiot?
    I think the idea is, dust shouldn't be able to get in there, but with the extending/retracting motion of the lens on the carrier, after a while tiny specs can creep in.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

I might get my air line on it and see if I can blast enough air down the side of the lens, if the spot moves happy days if not... lol

For a summer camp;

Karrimor Sabre 45
    Snugpak Jungle sleeping bag
    Pacific outdoor sleep mat
    Crusader cook system, maybe a pan for some campfire cooking
    Source hydration bladder
    Tenth wonder tarp
    British army Bivi
    FAK
    Mora

Quote Originally Posted by nature unleashed View Post
    i might get my air line on it and see if i can blast enough air down the side of the lens, if the spot moves happy days if not... Lol
    noooo!!!!!