Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bens planned road trip

Bens planned road trip

Hi Guys
    Im looking at thinking and planning a road trip to start about mid June running for a month and covering as much as I can of the UK in that period. I would be setting of from here in Ipswich and the first stop would be Blandford Army camp. Then if it works out head across to Cornwall and have a night or two there then head North. Going up and around and coming back down South sort of along the East Coast.

My question is would it work to setup overnight points and meet ups on here and who could help or give advice.

Anyway in advance thanks

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Well, you would be sure of a warm welcome in Cornwall. Can't talk for the rest of country.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

brilliant idea ben ,ive always wanted to travel bum around the country of ours in a vw van lol.ahhhhhhh maybe one day
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    I could find you somewhere to stop oop north around wigan/bolton/blackburn - might have to be a wild camp, or if enough people want to come maybe organise a scout campsite.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Tribal Elder
    Come up to Scotland! I know a few good spots (even a couple at sea level.....)

no way I grew up in Blandford, lived there till i was 18. Will you be on the actual camp or camping nearby, do you know Blandford well?

Sounds like a fun trip by the way

Hi all cheers for the replies
    I will be at Blandford Camp for the Royal Signals reunion on the camp they have setup a campsite for the weekend I just hope they have some trees there for the Tarp LOL
    Cornwall is a defo afterwards and I'm hoping to meet a load of you all at the Cornwall RV before so I will know a few faces to names by the time I get across on the trip.
    Wigan/Bolton/Blackburn would be a great place to stop off, then time allowing I hope to hit the Lakes (Buschcarft Show) for the weekend and meet a few guys there and a couple of mates from FB.
    Then up to Scotland sea level would be great if I have to choose bettween trying to climb a mountain (an Ex of mine from Stirling called them hills for some reason LOL)
    I am hoping to take in Kielder water to as they have Bothies there that I may be able to book for a night or two.
    I was hoping/planning to stop at Wales on the way up to the lakes but I don't know if time will allow but if not I could cut back over on the way down after stoppiing in the Dales for a night or two.
    I don't know if Ken can make the trip but I have him penciled on the plans at the min and will see what he says due to commitments

Can I come too?
    It's amazing what you can do with some meths and hexi blocks!

Coming Soon - http://www.bushcrafters.co.uk

Tribal Elder
    Excellent! Let me know if/when your in Scotland and we can go a wander!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Can I come too?
    Course you can mate I have you penciled in above LOL we will need to sort some dates out I was thinking of heading/satring over to Blandford for the 17/06/11 Then go on from there