Thread: Bivvi/Basha Poles

Bivvi/Basha Poles

Only ever put one up using a hiking pole or tying up with pegs but want to experiment a bit more. Are all extending poles much the same or what should i look out for? Advice please?
    Time is precious - waste it wisely

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I've used my walking poles, which are great as they are much more extendable than bivvi/basha poles. To be honest, I prefer to cut a hazel stave and use that. You can cut it to any length you like and you don't have to carry it in and out with you.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Staves and walking poles too, but I've also got the Tatonka extendable pole which come in different lengths (which you can shorten to suit). Mines the shorter 165cm version which packs into 40 cm amd weighs 265g.

Not exactly lightweight, but it is very robust. I've got some pics of it 'in action', I'll try and dig 'em out of one of my photo libraries...

Steve
    Last edited by Fletching; 25-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Looks like another hiking pole then...................

Still be interested in your pics Fletchling -cheers
    Time is precious - waste it wisely

I'm gunna try a bank stick, seems to be the same as bivvi poles, but about quarter the price lol
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

i use my thumb stick, i know its the right height and i like the fact that its multipurpose. on my other sticks i usually carve several grooves around them so they can be used at various heights and the grooves are for the paracord to sit in

Quote Originally Posted by Realbark View Post
    Still be interested in your pics Fletchling -cheers
    I actually took it along to the meet with Ben and Ken. Forgot about it and then found it when I'd packed everything away. Doh.

I'll be cleaning all my kit soon, so I'll see if I can get some snaps of it in the garden.

Steve